GelGreen® Nucleic Acid Gel Stain 10,000x in DMSO. 0,5 ML
GelGreen® is a sensitive, stable and environmentally safe green fluorescent nucleic acid dye designed to stain either dsDNA, ssDNA or RNA in agarose gels. GelGreen® is far more sensitive than SYBR Safe. Unlike SYBR® dyes, which are known to be unstable, GelGreen® is very stable, both hydrolytically and thermally. GelGreen® is compatible with either a 254 nm UV transilluminator or a gel reader equipped with visible light excitation (such as blue LED light box, 488 nm laser-based gel scanner, or Dark Reader®). GelGreen® can be used for either post-electrophoresis gel staining or precast gel staining. A series of safety tests have confirmed that GelGreen® is noncytotoxic, nonmutagenic and nonhazardous at concentrations well above the working concentrations used in gel staining. As a result, working strength GelGreen® can be safely disposed of down the drain or in regular trash, providing convenience and reducing cost in waste disposal. For new users, we recommend GelGreen® 10,000X in water (catalog no. 41005), our latest formulation that eliminates the hazards of handling DMSO for better safety. We continue to offer GelGreen® 10,000X solution in DMSO for established users who do not wish to change their existing laboratory protocols. Also see GelRed® Nucleic Acid Gel Stain, our safer replacement for ethidium bromide. FEATURES
- Safer than EB: Shown by the Ames test and other tests to be nonmutagenic and noncytotoxic
- Easy disposal: Passed environmental safety tests for direct disposal of working solutions down the drain or in regular trash
- Ultra-sensitive: Much more sensitive than EtBr and SYBR® Safe
- Extremely stable: Available in water, stable at room temperature for long-term storage and microwavable
- Simple to use: Very simple procedures for precast or post-electrophoresis gel staining
- Compatible with a standard UV transilluminator or a gel reader with visible light excitation: Replaces SYBR® or GelStar® with no optical setting change
- Compatible with downstream applications: Compatible with gel purification, restriction digest, sequencing and cloning.
GelGreen® and GelRed® and their uses are covered by granted and/or pending US and International patents. SYBR is registered trademark of Molecular Probes, Inc; GelStar is a registered trademark of FMC corporation; Dark Reader is a registered trademark of Clare Chemical.
GelGreen® Nucleic Acid Gel Stain 10,000x in DMSO
Size 0,5 ML Storage Conditions -30C a 2C Shipping Conditions 15C a 30C